Fun team format – they can’t help but improve
Holiday Tennis Camps are a healthy way to keep children entertained during the holiday. With the large number of balls they’ll hit during a week, they can’t help but improve their tennis. We work on all the different facets of the game, such as technique, rallying, learning how to play points, etc.
The kids are split into teams and throughout the week teams win points for the activities they participate in. Points are awarded for things like helping the tennis coach with picking up the balls, persevering with the improvement of a shot and being a good sport. It gets very competitive (in a fun way) as everyone eagerly awaits the prize-giving at the end of the week.
One day or all week – you choose
You can enrol your child for a full week or pick and choose any number of days to suit your schedule. Newcomers are welcome to try one day first and then decide whether they wish to play more.
Half-morning option for younger kids
Half Morning Camps run side-by-side with the Full Morning Camps and are a perfect way to introduce your child to tennis. We focus on a number of different areas to help improve your child’s skills not only in tennis but for other sports too. They include fundamental motor skills, beginning of basic shot technique, understanding the court and learning to score.
- A healthy morning tea is provided each day (only full morning participants)
- In summer, children should apply sunscreen prior to camp and bring a hat and a bottle of water. In winter, have your rain jacket handy
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes with non-marking soles
- If you need a racquet we have them to borrow and we can also help you to choose a tennis racquet if you’re buying
- Nut free – Please note that some younger children choose to bring their own snacks to morning tea. We encourage parents to be mindful that at times we do have children participating who have allergies to nuts and we would prefer that nut-based foods are not brought to the club
Advanced Junior Clinic
This afternoon clinic includes tactical-based drills and matchplay for pennant-level Green & Yellow ball players only. It is ideal for 9 to 16 year olds participating in pennants and/or tournaments.
If you are unsure whether your child has the skills to join our clinic, please email us to discuss.